Monday, April 2, 2012

One step closer

Earlier this afternoon, Dr. Hubbard called to tell me that my bone scans came back clear. He said "all of your scans are squeaky clean!" I cried from sheer relief. It's sure is nice to get some more good news! The final piece to the puzzle - the BRCA test - should be in this week. Hoping that's all clear, too!

I got a prescription for antibiotics today for a sinus infection. (Yes, really. WTF?!?) According to my oncologist, I can still have my surgery to implant the medi-port. I'm curious how this will work since I can't breathe but hey - whatever. Maybe I'll put a little Vick's Vapo-Rub under my nose. That would be cute. Better yet, perhaps my sinuses will unleash and my nose will run and no one will wipe it off. I'll wake up to crust down my chin. Oy... The shit I worry about.

At this point, chemo is also still a go on Thursday. It seems that the swing vote is whether or not I have a fever. Fortunately mine hasn't gotten higher than 99.3, so it's still very low grade. 100 is the point of concern, I believe.

Send good juju for tomorrow. I'll be honest - I'm not crazy about going under with a bit of the funk going on.. The thought makes me oddly claustrophobic. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good JuJu's at you and good luck! Keep that positive attitude and smile. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing but GREAT JUJU's coming your way!!! I know all went well and love the attitude!!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete