Friday, May 4, 2012

Chemo Treatment #5

Good morning! Happy Friday!

I was feeling a little rough yesterday morning. I had a potentially ugly headache but since I was headed to chemo in a few hours, I didn't want to take anything strong for it. I tried to go back to sleep but that didn't help. Once I lumbered myself out of bed an took a good shower (complete with a serenade from my Boy Band playlist which lead to signing and dancing in said shower...) I started to feel a little better.

I followed all of my fun morning rituals at the hospital and then made it into the chemo room. We got #14, which is the same room that I had last week. Before we got situated, horse piss #1. Oy... I got my warm blankets and ice water and was set.

I had another new nurse today, named Cathy. She's very pleasant and sweet but I just didn't bond with her the way I have Lilli or a couple of the others. Granted, it's likely because I slept for nearly the full infusion this time. She hit me up with Benny first and since I was already tired, BAM. The only times I woke up were from the machine suddenly beeping for one reason or anything. It was basically about as uneventful as you can get. No complaints here!

I did have time to sport a lovely black handlebar mustache given to me by a friend. It made me disturbingly androgynous in some pics and well, just creepy in others. I, of course, loved it. I couldn't wear it long because the tape was starting to make my skin itch. The last thing I needed was a mustache-shaped rash on my face. Not pretty. Fun conversation piece but no... During the chemo infusion, I enjoyed dragging my IV stand into the bathroom for horse piss #2. (Geez!)
When we were done - yep, horse piss #3. That's a whole lotta peeing going on!

Afterwards, Matt and I got lunch (Chuy's, if you're curious...), we headed home and I took a nap for about an hour and a half. It wasn't too long but it was enough to recharge me. My headache was gone but I was still a little groggy.

My sister, Jenny, flew in to see me for the weekend. We hung out and chatted until after 1am. Yes, you guessed it, I was wide awake still and could have easily stayed awake all night. I turned to my new friend, Ambien, and was able to sleep a solid 6 hours without waking in between. I'm not sure if I'll encounter any fun surprises when I open my door but I suspect it's all okay. Thank you, makers of Ambien! That's some good - and most needed - shit!

So far, I feel great this morning - as I usually do on Fridays. I have some work to do but look forward to spending time with my sister. It'll be good for the soul. And my belly - given the undoubted silent, hysterical laughs we'll have.

Have a great day, everyone! Sorry this was a rather bland post but hey - sometimes, in my opinion, no major news is the best kind. :) Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! i heard aboutyour website from a friend of a friend of a friend :)
    I just want you to know I have been reading your blog for a few weeks and am praying for you. I love your outlook on all of this. I recently had a scare in December. It was very eye opening.

    I saw something on FB today that I wanted to share. It says: "Friday is my second favorite F word"

    LOVE IT! Thought you may like a laugh today. :)
    Stay Positive!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! Nice to "meet" you! Sorry you had a scare, but I'm glad that things are okay!
    Thanks for the laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete