Monday, May 7, 2012

Where is that damn wire brush??

It's now 4am. I've been wide awake for about two hours now. I woke up to my scalp feeling like fire ants had invaded it. Okay, maybe not quite THAT extreme but it definitely itches way more than a motherfucker now. I broke down and read shit on the Internet. Seems like it's most likely a Taxol side effect. Ugh. I'll call the doctor in the morning. This rash is really taking all the fun out of being bald!

As I lay here in the dark updating this blog from my phone, I am moving my head from side to side to "scratch" it against the pillow. I have the softest sheets on the planet but with my stubbly nubs, it's rather effective.

Shit. That's it. I'm getting out of bed to root around the bathroom. Gold Bond lotion? Cetophyl? Benadryl? How 'bout some good, old fashioned Calamine lotion? That wire brush??? We'll see what works. I'm strangely amused but perhaps it's because it's the middle of the night and I'm blogging about my itchy head!!

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good God Nancy! It's ok to whine! Yes, life could be worse - granted - that goes for all of us. But that doesn't mean you can't bitch your ass off about whatever you want. What you're going thru DOES SUCK! The itchy scalp would drive anyone nuts. The fatigue - I can't imagine! You can bitch while still maintaining your positive attitude. The way I see you, is that you're very strong and positive about your future, but the daily crap gets you down. It may get worse. OK, it will get worse. No one will think less of you for spilling your guts. You're not looking for pity - in fact, if any of us gave you pity - you'd kick our asses!! I do pray for you - all the time. And your family. It's uplifting to read your posts. They are so HUMAN. Thanks for sharing every bit - good and bad. Debbie Downer can come out whenever she needs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To combat this issue, simply take a wire brush and scrape the sole of your shoe. You're trying to add some life back to the material.

    ReplyDelete