Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mornings with McBoobie

I saw McBoobie today for my post-op follow up. The best news is that all four of my remaining tentacles/testicles/drains have been removed! I feel like Pinocchio when he became a real boy except that my nose is smaller. And I have some semblance of boobs. And I'm not a boy. But aside from all THAT...

He thinks things are progressing well and I'll see him again in about a month to discuss some final tweaks, which will involve fat grafting (aka - lipo) and lifting the flap skin on my "good" boob to make it more even. Since the flap skin is so new, he didn't want to compromise it by doing too much to it and end up literally killing the skin. Fair enough. In 3-6 months, we'll have the nipple discussion. I'm not convinced that I want more than a 3D tattoo but he has told me that I'll feel otherwise. We'll see.

I told him that is love to see a reconstructed nipple up close and in person and not just a photo. He laughed and said that it's kinda tricky to ask his patients to do something like that. Can you imagine? "Hey, I know you! You're that lady from Starbucks!" Oy.

Today, I bought some binding/compression garments (you know - like Spanx) to keep my tummy all tucked in and some more sports bras. It wasn't really a fun shopping trip. Beige, black and white. This shit could not be more boring.

My reconstructed boobs are not pretty or normal or symmetrical. I know it will take time for them to get there. I have to keep reminding myself that the rack that I knew and loved is officially gone. Such is life. My life.

Time for a druggie snooze. Ciao.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you got rid of those testicles. Make sure you post photos of the prostate reconstruction.

    So glad all went well. Enjoy your drug snooze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I would SO post prostate pics!

    Snooze was great... Who knew I'd love sleep so much??

    ReplyDelete
  3. woot! still thinking of you! you're frickin hard to forget!

    ReplyDelete