Sunday, April 21, 2013

It's finally time.

Tomorrow, I'll embark on the final major phase of this cancer "joyride". I have my reconstruction surgery. I'm having a left prophylactic skin-sparing surgery along with a DIEP flap. The tissue from my tummy (the DIEP flap) will be transferred to my chest for a brand new rack.

My love/hate relationship with Frank will end tomorrow as he's finally laid to rest. In his place will be Fancy Franks, as Hannah calls them. I'm really tempted to ask McBoobie if I can have Frank for a proper burial but I'm not sure how creepy that really sounds...

I'm excited and nervous. The recovery period isn't fun but I know this time that I'm already cancer-free. This, while significant, is basically cosmetic so that I can feel and look whole.

If one more person tells me that they're jealous of my "boob job and tummy tuck", I will karate chop them in the trachea. The way I got here sucks big donkey dongs and lets face it... I'm not going to look like a Barbie doll. Far from it. I'm hoping for a shred of normalcy. Jealous of that? Keep it to yourself, thanks.

Please pray that my doctors have steady hands tomorrow and that my surgery and recovery go as smoothly as they did last time.

Peace, love and boobies.

2 comments: