Friday, May 3, 2013

Happy, Happy Friday!

Today is Friday, May 3rd. I am sitting outside on an unseasonably cool day here in Texas. It's 55, breezy and sunny out and couldn't be more wonderful.

I came home from the hospital a week ago today. In that period of time, I'm nearly completely weened off of pain pills, am pooping like a champ and the grumpies are gone. I may have kicked cancer to the curb months ago but the effects are clearly far-reaching. With each recovery, my "FUCK YOU CANCER" fist pumps higher into the sky faster than a Jersey Shore reunion.

My recovery will be a long one but I'm up for the challenge. I refuse to be a victim. I may piss and moan and swear like a sailor (wait - I do that normally), but I AM a tough cookie. My spirit is bigger than my frankenboobs. Much bigger!

Today, as I took a normal (albeit hunched over) shower, I sang and sorta/kinda shimmied my heart out to one of my favorite guilty pleasures. Boy Bands. The Song du Jour was "Don't Turn Out the Lights" by NKOTBSB. (That's New Kids On The Block/Backstreet Boys for the uninformed...) The song doesn't relate to me or my situation in any way - I just love the hell out of it. Be a hater if you will but it gave me a much-needed spring in my step.

Enjoy your Friday! Partake in that guilty pleasure!

Peace, love and boy bands. Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing woman Nancy!!! I know you will get through all of this and you may gripe, moan, etc. all you want!!! Wishing you a speedy/healthy recovery and Happy Friday to you too!!!

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete