Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The morning after

Good morning! I'm doing pretty well today! Despite the drugs (dilaudid and Vicodin), I really didn't sleep very well. I woke up about once an hour or so. At around 3am, I had to pee like a racehorse, which struck me as odd since I did have a catheter ("foley"). As it turns out, the line was twisted up and wasn't working. My nurse unkinked it and all was good! She ended up taking it out afterwards.

I saw McBoobie this morning and he asked me if I wanted to go home TODAY. As long as I can manage my pain (no more dilaudid) and pee on my own, it's a go!

I'm still pretty out of it and would love a "real" snooze. I love the prospect of taking one in my own bed!

I'll update more later on. Just wanted to provide a quickie. (Heh, heh...)

Love you!

3 comments:

  1. Very glad to hear you're recovering so quickly and that everything went well. Awesome that you can (hopefully) head home today! Thanks for keeping us in the loop, and keep on staying strong!
    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder Woman - Overachiever - You have set the bar high!

    And to boot - you're making tacky 'quickie' jokes!

    Rest well Sleeping Beauty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, you are doing great!!! Just take it easy and don't push too much. I'm really proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete