Sunday, September 16, 2012

Final Countdown to Surgery

In just over 12 hours, I will be leaving for the hospital.  I've actually been at peace today.  It's Rosh Hashanah, which is the Jewish New Year.  It's a time to celebrate not only the new year, but a that opportunity for a second chance.  It couldn't come at a better time this year.  My "Ta-ta to the Ta-tas" party at Hooters was a huge success.  Far more people showed up than I expected.  It was exactly the way that I wanted the night to go.  Thank you to all of you that came out.  You absolutely made my night.

I've been doing last minute things today.  I'm much calmer that I thought I'd be, but I suspect that I won't sleep well since I'll be pretty anxious.  I won't lie - I'm scared shitless, but I can beat this motherfucker.  I have the utmost faith in my surgeons and MD Anderson and St. Luke's.

Jenny (PIC-variety) and Matt will be providing updates throughout the day.  Several of you have mentioned that you're "pinking out" tomorrow for me.  I love, love, love that.  If you don't mind - please either post the pics on FB or send them to me.  I'd love to see them when I'm out of surgery!  It would definitely be a bright spot!

If you have any spare juju laying around, I'd be happy to take it.  I still need all I can get!  I cannot say it enough - I'm so very appreciative for each of you that have supported me through this suck-ass journey.  I may laugh and joke but the seriousness of all of it is certainly not lost on me. Bottom line - I don't want to die and as far as I'm concerned, it's not in the cards.

Wish me luck tomorrow.  See you on the flip side.

Love and rainbows and butterflies and shit...

xoxox,
Nancy "Two-Boobed-For-Now" Schneider.





5 comments:

  1. I'm sending out all of my juju, butterflies, rainbows, love and shit!!! You know we had a double rainbow last week at the office so that's yours too. I will absolutely be in pink tomorrow!!

    Love Ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in surgery! I found your blog and it always makes me laugh - you can read my mastectomy post at www.middleminutes.blogspot.com if you want some hospital reading material :). All the best to you, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!

    Definitely looking forward to checking out your blog, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs and love. Praying for you throughout the day!

    Sure happy I got to meet Matt!!

    ReplyDelete