Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Final Countdown

I just got back from seeing Dr. Nelson (who is going to be on vacation tomorrow). My bloodwork looks good so I have the okay for my FINAL chemo! This will be my last official treatment! Most breast cancer patients continue a hormone treatment regimen for quite some time after chemo has finished. (Years...) Because I am triple negative, this type of therapy won't benefit me, so I won't have to take pills at all! Woo hoo!

Dr. Nelson told me that my liver has some slightly elevated levels, which, for this point in treatment, is not uncommon and nothing to be concerned with. Once the chemo is out of my system, my levels should return to normal. I won't see him again until October 8th.

I can't wait to ring the hell outta that bell tomorrow!

I'll post more after #13 is done. :)

2 comments:

  1. Be sure to ring loud and clear because you have been an amazing patient!!! I'm so proud of your spirit and reslience during this pain in the ass time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock! Love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete