Sunday, July 22, 2012

Just a quick hello...

My hair is actually growing back!  It's mostly white still (gasp) but there are now real, live brown hairs growing in, too!  Woo hoo!  I genuinely haven't minded being bald, but having some fur on the noggin is pretty great stuff.  Sadly, the same can't be said for my eyebrows and eyelashes.  They're continuing to fall out - to the point that I've succumbed to drawing on my eyebrows.  If I do say so myself, I did a pretty good job.  It's too bad that Sharpie is so hard to remove, though.  I kid, I kid!  I bought some false eyelashes, but I'm waiting until the last possible moment for those.  The fact that they could fall off and land in my food or something is kinda gross...

I hoped that my nails would recover, but it looks like my left thumbnail isn't going to make it.  It looks like an old man's horned toenail.  Really gross.  It's lifted up a little bit, too.  Fortunately, there is good, healthy growth on all of my nails, but the nasty orange/brownish parts could still result in Frankenfingers.  Of all the things I could freak over, I guess this is pretty low on the list.  Still...  Just one more thing to add to the uglification of Nancy.

Overall, I've felt better this round than I did the last round.  Sure the nausea was pretty rough at first, but it's really the only significant side effect that I've had.  The fatigue really hasn't been as pronounced this time, either.  I would go so far as to say that at this point, the effects of Taxol were much harder on my body than FAC has been.  It's very unexpected, but hey, I'm not complaining!

This is a short little post, but I just wanted to check in and give a quick update.  I suppose no news is good news, right?

Thanks again for all of your support.  It's good shit.

xoxo

Enjoy this lovely picture of my thumb.  Kinda looks like a turtle now that I think about it.  Ew.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the horror. Gonna have nightmares. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you can always paint a face in the lower half and the "color" can be his/her hair. Just a thought

    ReplyDelete