Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chemo Treatment #12

Happy Saturday!
Thursday was my 12th chemo treatment.  It also means that I have just one more to go!  I really can't believe how quickly this time has gone by.  Sure, it's hardly been a picnic, but wow...  It's almost done!

I'm happy to report that I got a dosage of Ativan again plus a new anti-nausea medication called Aloxi. Between the two, I felt much better Thursday night than I did the prior treatment.  I was tired and starting to feel a little blah - but the nausea was at bay.  I also took a Zofran as soon as I got home, which helped me snooze for a bit, too.  I got a headache again, but just one extra strength Tylenol was all that it took to get rid of it.  I didn't feel great on Friday.  I was okay when I woke up but started to get increasingly nauseated as the day passed.  I was good about taking Zofran, which helped, but it does make me tired.  Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep, though.  Big surprise there.

I feel okay today, but I'm just really tired. I didn't get out of bed until well after 1pm.  I slept on and off all morning.  It's now 4:41pm and I'm thinking that a nap sounds wonderful.  I'm also thirsty as hell.  Nothing - and I mean NOTHING - sounds even remotely appealing.  Water grosses me clean out.  I have no idea why.  I have to force myself to drink it.  Flavored water isn't any better.  Oddly enough, milk and caffeine-free Diet Coke seem to hit the spot periodically.  Yeah, the thought of milk on a semi-queasy stomach is nasty to me, too.  I can't think too much about it.  My appetite is waning - which is the way the last few treatments went, too.  Of course, I say this after I polished off several pieces of pizza last night.  Surprisingly, it didn't upset my stomach at all.  Woo hoo!  (Hey, it's the simple things.)

I'm now down to 5 eyebrow hairs on my right side and 11 on the left.  I only have a handful of eyelashes, too.  It's not cute.  Not at all.  It kinda weirds me out and I look, well, creepy.  I know it'll all grow back but still.  It's really just comical.

Sorry that I'm rather boring.  I really don't have too much to report this time, which, as far as I'm concerned, is a good thing.  I'm thrilled that I'm wrapping up chemo and definitely look forward to ringing the bell on August 16th.  I have an appointment with my plastic surgeon, Dr. Gordley, on August 1st and I'll provide an update then.

Thanks for your continued support.  I can't say it enough - it means the world to me!

Adios for now...


1 comment:

  1. I love the artistic eyebrows...great job!! Almost there...and then on to the next step in getting you back up and running. You don't need to amuse us, you're being honest about what's happening and that's a good thing for someone that might need to read this blog.

    Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete