Thursday, March 29, 2012

Insurance companies are silly

I really don't have anything to report out today but do want to share this silly nugget...

My nurse navigator (like a nurse that's an admin/liaison/point person) told me today that wigs are referred to as "cranial prosthetics". Um. That's right up there with being vertically challenged and the like. I had to laugh. She also told me that my doctor will give me a prescription for one. Wow. I can hear it now... "Yes, I have a prescription that covers this rasta hat and dreads plus the pink 'Crazy Britney' bob. Why do you ask?"

Clearly, I'm easily amused. Just roll with it. You can snicker. It's okay.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy-

    Angela told me to check out your blog as we "have similar voices." I saw that in the closing of this post. :) I like a little bit of snark. Keep writing and fighting and seeing the humor in even the most humorless of situations. It'll help you keep your sanity.
    Amy
    www.croquetncocktails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! Snark would be my middle name if my parents hadn't already opted for Elizabeth. Damn them! :) I look forward to checking out your blog!

      Delete
  2. I laughed at Cranial Prosthetic as well. But my insurance sure did reimburse me for up to $250.00 for my wigs. I never wore them though. Insurance also reimbursed me for my prosthetic nipples, which I later had pierced.

    ReplyDelete