Monday, June 4, 2012

Always something new...

Another unexpected side effect from the chemo is that my body temperature is lower than normal. I am typically 98.6 on the nose. Now? I frequently have a temp of 97.9 to 98.1 or so. I still have hot flashes and all of that, too. It's really odd.

Last night and this morning, though, my temp was around 98.5, which, if you do the math, translates into a low-grade fever since my starting point is low. I had all the classic fever signs - chills, aches, etc. I had a bit of a headache, so I took some Benadryl and went to bed. (I'm plugged up all the time.) I didn't sleep well and woke up feeling just really run down. The fatigue was pretty strong - even though it seems to have leveled out some overall. As I come up on my 10th treatment, I'm pretty thankful that I really have had more good days than bad days. Today was not great but I'm okay.

I did end up going to see Nickelback on Saturday. We had tickets for one of the suites, and I didn't have to be around hoards of people. I sported my pink wig, which was pretty damn fun. Lots of stares and compliments but unexpectedly, there were several men that came up and asked if it was really my hair. Why, yes. Yes, it is. Duh.

The seats in the suite are like plush movie theater seats and über bouncy. I bounced all night long. I bounced to Bush. I bounced to Nickelback. I bounced for the sake of bouncing. Yay for bouncing!

I did wipe out in the concourse - not once, but twice. I realize that coordination isn't always my strong suit and add to that my new jelly legs and it's a recipe for klutziness. This time, though, the floor was genuinely wet. I slipped in water or beer or something and slammed my knee down. I got up, walked about 2 more steps and BAM - down again. I now have a pretty bruise and bump on my knee. Like I don't have enough shit going on.

In all, it was a much-needed fun night. My PIC (partner-in-crime), Jenny, was the perfect date and Matt was, as always, the best chaperone/chauffeur I could ask for. I may have looked like a drunken clown, but it was totally worth it. (By the way, I got crazy with some Dr. Pepper. Woo hoo! No alcohol!)

Thinking it's about bedtime... Fingers crossed that I get my snooze on!

No comments:

Post a Comment