Sunday, April 1, 2012

Going, going, GONE...

In anticipation of my upcoming chemo treatments and expected hair loss, I visited my hair dude, Brian, this past Friday to chop my hair off. I'm not one of those people that freaks over haircuts. It's just hair and will grow back. I found a style that I liked and went in. He ended up cutting off approximately 4-5" from the bottom. The shortest spots are only a few inches long at the top. I do like it, but honestly hate the reason that I did it. Sure, I could have just let it thin out and/or fall out in clumps, but this was ONE thing that I could still maintain some control of. Cancer wants to take my hair (via chemo)? Yeah, well, fuck that shit. I beat that douchebag to the punch and took most of it myself. At the first sign of it coming out, the clippers and razor will come out. I've said it before and I will say it again. I bought several scarves and hats this past weekend and will get info for wig places to get my "cranial prosthetic". (That makes me laugh every single time. It's so absurd.) I'll post some before and after pics, but I'm feeling lazy at the moment and will add them another time. It's weird to feel my hair on my neck. It's weird to not be able to wring it out. It's fantastic to wake up with Kate Gosslin hair. That's all kinds of hot.

While I rarely get sick, seasonal allergies seem to be kicking my ass the last two days. The pollen counts are really high, so I'm hoping that's all it is and doesn't turn into a sinus infection or anything. It could push back my medi-port surgery and chemo this week, which would really piss me off. In case you can't tell - it's making me a tad grumpy. I just want to get this show on the road. Stupid trees and grass. I need a damn bubble. I could hang out with John Travola and have his girlfriend jump over us with her horse and everything. Maybe I could even borrow his spacesuit-thing and take a stroll over to the football field. (My GOD - I've lost it. It's official.)

Okay, that's enough rambling for one night. I'll provide an update tomorrow on whether or not I'll still have surgery on Tuesday and chemo on Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed...

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment